Well, most of you read this to play catch up with Liam. He is the star of the show around here, but a few of you do read this to catch up on me and what I happen to be up to. :)
As of right now. Liam is potty trained for the daytime, we still do pull ups for night time. He is 50% poopoo trained...that means sometimes he goes in the potty...sometimes he doesn't. Problem is, the big NUMBER TWO isn't as consistent as the number ONE. So, if I make Liam "go potty" every hour or every two hours, he usually has something to produce. Have any of you ever tried to go "#2" on the spot just because someone told you to? NOPE! lol. Here in lies the problem. We don't know when to make him "go" so its a guessing game as to which face and what body language tells us he needs to sit on the potty. So far...this is what we've got: Picture this - Liam playing with his cars and trains, totally into it, making fun sounds and having crashes and dramatically acting all of them out, then all of a sudden its quiet. Liam is looking into space...or at me, either way, no longer a train or a race car....RUN! Don't stop to ask...then, its too late. Just pick the kid up and RUN! lol. You see. Everyone asks how I stay so fit or slim...this is it. Potty training! bahahahahahahaha
Besides potty training, Liam is learning all sorts of new behavior. Some good, some...not so pleasant, but we take it in stride. Usually when he doesn't get his way, immediately, he throws himself down (I truly thought only girls were this dramatic, but my son feels the need to prove this theory wrong) crying. I walk away, sometimes giggling at the flopping fish out of water at my feet, and ignore whats going on. (It is much easier to deal with if you can find humor in it!) Two minutes later, I hear: "Mommy, I ready to play nice now." and that's it! Its over and we move on to hugs and kisses, always the best part. Next is interacting with other kids. Hmmm, whats the perk to having a child that is very smart, very energetic and on the top end of the size scale? (insert music here) T-R-O-U-B-L-E! Liam doesn't realize that he is approx 5-7 pounds heavier than most of the other kids, so when the boys like to wrestle, guess who gets in trouble? Liam. Guess who doesn't like to stop when his teacher tells him to? Liam. Guess who gets to sit in the "Thinking Chair"? Liam. BUT don't feel sorry for him, no...this big ol' boy gets his fair share of the teachers attention. He is a great big cuddly bear. He loves to be held, he does not like it when other kids want to love on his teacher or parents...and, as I mentioned earlier, he is quite the dramatic one, especially when he gets "hurt". :) He is sure to get his kisses, ice and band aids for ALL boo boo's. He also makes sure we know who (or what in most cases) is to blame for this incident. Who ever said that 'Kids Say the Darndest Things' was spot on. It is a blast to live in our house and have Liam for entertainment. :)
Jonathan is mostly working and lounging around when he isn't busy with 'Honey-do's' or Liam, but he recently started going back to the gym a couple of days a week and is now helping coach 2nd grade basketball with a friend from church. He truly enjoys it, but stays worn out from all the hustle and bustle. I cant wait until Liam is old enough to play sports, then it will be way more exciting! Its not too far away and we have him playing everything here at the house, so he can choose what he likes!
As for me, I am working full time, parenting full time and training full time. That's a lot of work for one gal to do, but I manage to make it work. :) Right now I am training for a half marathon in Dallas on March 24th. I will be running it with my sister and cousin. I am looking forward to it, because I have always ran with very close friends, but never a full race with my sister or cousin. Running, especially long distance, is an emotional experience and it creates a bond that only another distance runner can understand. This race will be one of the most special to me just because I will cross the finish line with my family! I cant wait!!!!
You will see a lot of posts about my running and training, sorry if this is not what you are interested in. Its very important to keep logs on how you do when training because it keeps you motivated to see how far you have come. I made HUGE strides last year and didn't get much of it on here. I keep it all up to date on dailymile.com...but its not the same as a blog to let out my heartfelt words regarding my experience, triumphs, failures and goals. This year should be interesting, so hold on tight! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment