Saturday, August 13, 2011

15 months old!

Changes keep happening daily around here. 1st of all, Liam now attends daycare full time (5 days a week, he used to go 3 days) and he has transitioned to the Toddler room. The 2 main changes in his day were that he would only take 1 nap a day AND...that nap is taken on a little child size mat, on the floor...not in a crib! Of course, a change in schedule put me on edge a little, but it had to be done. :) Liam was only taking 1 long nap a day at home with us, but at daycare he would always nap at 10 and 2. Now his naps would be at noon each day, so we started making sure that we correlated our nap times at home. I figured this one would transition well, but the whole taking a nap on the floor, ON A MAT...I was sure I would be getting phone calls or notes about his one, LOL. NOPE Actually, he is the easiest baby to put down! He is the first baby to get laid down bc he is the only baby that will put himself to sleep vs needing someone to pat/rub his back! This was one of those light bulb validation moments for me as a mom! My routines and schedules had paid off! We dont rock, pat or lullaby Liam to sleep. We simply taught him that when he is in his bed, its time to sleep. We take him in his room, kiss him goodnight and lay him down. He goes to sleep on his own for naps and bedtime at night. YES! Other changes in the toddler room (for better or worse) were Water play Tuesdays, art work, toddler/teacher interaction with songs and lessons, and food/drink changes. Well, we loved the fact that he got to play in the sprinkler on Tuesdays, school sends home art projects and he recognizes songs and sayings now! He is growing sooo quickly! But, apparently when the babies move up to the toddler room, they start getting juice each day. I know its not that big of a deal to most parents, but it was to me. We dont give Liam juice...he only gets water and milk. There are several reasons and I wont go into detail, but sugar, diaper rash and bad for kids teeth are the 3 main concerns. I asked them not to give him juice, they said I had to have a doctors note! That was absurd to me. I was compliant, but how can I, Liams Mother, NOT have say in what goes in my childs mouth? Luckily we were set to go to the doctor for his 15 month check up that week, so I took care of the situation there. To my pleasant surprise, Dr. Le's jaw dropped when she heard that I had to have her approval before they would stop the juice cups. Again, validation! She agreed with all of my reasons for why we dont give Liam juice. No nutritional value! whew! I never thought I was a bad mom, but it sure is nice to hear when you are actually doing something RIGHT! haha

Liam is trying to talk so much more, points and says "uh uh uh" at everything, and is climbing on anything he can reach. We decided it was time to introduce him to 2 things. He got a 4 wheeler for his birthday that we kept in the box bc we didnt think he was quite big enough. We got it out and he loves it! Here is the video of the first time he rode it. Its soo funny. He almost falls backward, but holds on for dear life!

Then we wanted to get him a clubhouse/slide to climb on here at the house. He already had a really small slide here in the house, but it just wasnt getting the job done anymore. Since the weather will start cooling off and be great temperatures to play outside, he needed his own little clubhouse and slide :) We bought him this (all the pics i have are on my phone so far)
On top of all this "growing," Liam has been GROWING! We hit a spurt and had to get rid of most of his PJ's this last week, so I went on a shopping spree for pajamas! It just so happen to hit the weekend of Tax Free shopping, so I got 5 new pairs and I bought them a little big! Thats another thing that you learn as you grow into mommyhood. Buy their clothes a little big, they last sooo much longer! I am also noticing that his shoes are starting to get snug, so in an effort to beat his growing feet to the punch, I ordered 2 new pairs of shoes today and will buy 1 or 2 more this week (with khols cash I made from his pj;s!). Hopefully these will last him through the winter! I told Jonathan that it just dawned on me how every single summer and winter we will have to completely re-buy all of his clothes for the next 15 or more years! You think about it, but it isnt reality of how much that really is until it starts. haha I dont mind though! Its my favorite thing to buy for him. I have hardly ever bought him little toys or nick knacks, I always buy clothes! With little girls, people see clothes and they cant resist. With little boys, people see trucks and toys. Thats what they buy. I always bought clothes for my nephews to help my sister bc i knew they were expensive and we had similar taste, she does the same for me. I know to grandparents and friends its "boring" to buy clothes, so i just accept the responsibility and get out my need to shop by shopping for Liam! Jonathan doesnt object too much when its for the lil man! haha.

Well, I had mentioned that Liam had his 15 month appt. He weighs 28 lbs 8 ozs and is 34 1/4 inches tall. He is solid! His height amazes us though. He is above the 97% range for his height. They recommend a toddler bed for children 35 inches tall!! I planned on keeping him in his crib til 2 or 2 1/2 (depending on safety issues). Looks like we may be in for trouble sooner than expected! Dr. Le is always amazed at how well Liam is doing and how fast he is learning. Sure makes for a proud mama!

Here are a few other pictures and a video to catch you up on how handsome my little man is!

Liam being 'dog piled' by DaDa

This video is of Liam and Jonathan playing with blocks. He cannot resist destroying something you build. He just thinks its the funniest thing!


Lovin' his 4 wheeler

ready for bed

so happy



His favorite book right now

No comments:

Post a Comment