Liam is getting so interested in toys now. He loves to play in his baby einstein saucer, but he is always kicking his feet, so we borrowed a bouncer from J's cousin. The first time we put him in it, he had no idea that it bounced until he was getting fussy and wanted to get out of it. He started kicking and throwing a little fit that made the seat bounce. He totally paused and had the funniest look on his face! Then he sat there just waiting for it to keep bouncing, when it didnt, he got mad and started kicking again, imediately causing the bouncy motion again...Pause....smile...kick...hahaha Then he was off. He understood what it was and how to work it. Life hasnt been the same since! I have it on video, but the file is too big on my phone to send to my email...which essentially makes it pointless (other than for me to watch and laugh). So here are a few pics to give you an idea.
 |
| bouncing around |
 |
| playing with my new toys |
Labor Day weekend marked the closing date for our neighborhood pool, so we thought we better take Liam to swim one last time this year. We sat in the baby pool and kicked/splashed around for about 30 min. He never fusses when we play in the water, so I assume he likes it. I can't wait until next year when he will be bigger an really enjoy swim time. :)
 |
| kicking in the water |
 |
| mommy love |
 |
| smiling and talking |
 |
| time to go home |
We really try to spend "quality" time playing with Liam in the evenings when we are both home. He is so much fun now and really gets into it. He giggles and grabs at your face for more, and will even try to repeat what sounds you make sometimes. Of course, Mom is always there with a camera to capture the moment. I usually take about 10 or 15 pictures every time I get out the camera. That way I KNOW I got a good one or two in there somewhere! haha
 |
| making faces |
 |
| pinned ya! |
 |
| who doesnt like to fly in the air? |
 |
| hanging out on dads belly...."belly time" :) |
We also attempted cereal again. This was the 3rd try. We have made the cereal a little thicker each time and it gets a little better with every bite. Liam loves it. I dont know if it is the taste or just the fact that we are willingly placing something in his mouth...since that is where he puts everything anyway. haha Anyways, in this picture, it looks like he has a fu man chu made of cereal. LOL
 |
| have you seen my cereal? |
OK, I mostly post about Liam, but I do have to fill you in on a milestone in my life. As you know, I have been training for a 5K coming up the end of September. This week I finally hit the 3 mile mark! yay! We have a park here in Tulsa that a 5K trail wraps around. It is so nice because its in the middle of the city, its very open/safe/busy and its marked in quarter miles AND Kilometers. My goal was to run for 35 min. I knew that at my current pace, I would be close to a 5K...so I decided to face my fears, toughen up and just go for it. I started my watch, runkeeper and music and took off. I was not going to look at my watch or runkeeper until I finished. I knew that I would not finish before 35 min and unless I felt like I was dying, I was going to finish the 5K. The worst part of it all, was that I have been running semi flat roads in my neighborhood and La Fortune park not only has several little steap and slow incline hills, it also has different terrain. It has concrete, dirt and small rock, so it was a big challenge over all. I finished in exactly 36 min. :) I know its slow for a 5K, but this was the first time I had run that far since last October. I was just so proud I could actually do it! I am going to work on my pace these remaining 2 weeks of training, but regardless of how it goes. I KNOW I can, at the very least, finish this race without stopping. :)
 |
| La Fortune Park Running Trail. 3.2 miles/5K |
Oh I remember the cereal days. What fun it was to explore new things with them. It's only the beginning of a wonderful rollercoster you are on. I love all the pictures of Liam. He is a big boy!!! I'm so proud of you for still nursing him. Way to go momma!! That can be a challenge alone with working. I'm excited for your run. Ours may be the same weekend. You will do awesome. Consistancy is the key.
ReplyDeleteOh also, my little Luke loved the bounce a roo. You should look back at some of my post of him in it. He was crazy in that thing. You really should take the time to figure out you video. It is well worth it. We still go back to look through all our videos of them. Good luck.
ReplyDeletehave fun running goodness it would have killed me to death for sure!!!
ReplyDelete