Saturday, September 4, 2010

Liam Liam Liam

Now that Liam is in my life...I don't really find that I have much to talk about outside of him! haha BUT thats ok bc most ppl who are reading this really want to know what is up with him anyways. I am very glad to report that we have moved beyond shots and fevers! Ugh!!! His 4 month shots were much worse than the 2 month shots. After his 2 month visit, he just slept most of that day and the next...this time...he hardly slept at all. He was very needy and just wanted to be held. He ran a 100.4  fever and was just not his happy self. After day 2, we were finally able to get him to sit in his favorite chair for a while, but he still wasnt very happy. We gave him a damp cloth to hold/suck on for a while. He liked it, but then we noticed he was still a little warm, so we doubled it up and put it on his head just like all of our parents have always done to us! haha What is it about this specific gesture that makes us all feel better? He sat in his chair for almost an hour without hardly a peep after we put the cloth on his head! Guess it made him feel better!!

who doesn't like a cool wash cloth on their head when they are sick?
Karate kid in the making? LOL

I get a weekly email that tells me the different developmental stages that Liam should be going through at his age. This last week one of the spotlights was on distractions. I kinda laughed bc I personally felt Liam has been slightly distracted since about 2 months old. He is very observant and alert, but I didn't fully understand what they were talking about until the last few days. When I was nursing Liam this morning, he would NOT stay hooked in. He was sooo caught up in everything else going on around him. Between Jonathan talking and the songs on TV, I barely got this kid fed! I couldnt get frustrated bc it was so funny and entertaining to watch. He would latch on for 10 seconds, then immediately turn his head toward the TV, stare and smile...then come back for more. LOL When I finally decided he was done eating...(he was obviously not starving or he wouldnt have stayed glued to the tube) I had J take pictures.

TV....hmmmm should 4 months old be that interested? LOL
yup, still there...he stayed in this postition for at least 5 min. Too funny
Well after my morning entertainment by Liam, I went for a run. When I came back, J fixed us breakfast then he needed to mow the lawn. Since the weather is sooooo amazing out this weekend, I couldnt wait to get lil man out for some vitamin D. :) I put him in the stroller and took him for a walk around the neighborhood. It was so nice out, but the sun was still a little bright, so we used Liam's little baby sunglasses. SOOO cute! Needless to say, the weather must have felt good to him too, he fell asleep about 3 min into the 15-20 min walk. haha

such a cutie!
When we got back from the walk, I laid the stroller seat back, parked him in the shade and let him sleep outside while J and I finished garage and yard work. Needless to say, it was a beautiful morning and the rest of they day followed suit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment