My last post about running mentioned that J was getting new running shoes and may be running with me some. Well...the shoes are in and J has run the last 2 times I have. Last week, when his shoes came in, I asked him if he thought he could run 20 min without stopping...he wasn't sure but was willing to try and he did! I have to admit, I am a little pisssed off about the fact that he can just jump up and run 20 min out of the blue and it took me 5 to 6 weeks of training to do that. AND he could have gone faster...boo! I am a little hard on myself when it comes to sports, especially running. I have never been a 'good' runner and I want to do it so badly!! I think thats why I stick with it...Its like golf, you cant perfect it, there is always somethign to strive for. This makes it adicting. (bc I sure dont 'enjoy' not being able to breath and being dead dog tired in this awefule heat and humidity!!) Everyone keeps trying to encourage me and I truly do appreciate it. It makes me feel great when I know someone cares that I am trying to achieve my goals, but at the same time...if I am still trying, this means I have not accomplished it. I was so excited when J actually got out there and ran with me, but immediately I was jealous and angry that he could do the same workout as me on his very first try! He ran on his own yesterday and already went 1.6 miles at 16 min! He is already running faster than me at a distance that almost kills me right now. :( YES, I know time and distance will come, I am fully aware that I just had a baby, but mentally, I envy it. I want to be there. J swears he wont leave my side anytime we run together and I love him for that. He can push me to work a little harder. I just hope I dont feel guilty for holding him back. If he has potential to be a good runner, then I want him to be great. For now, I am going to chalk the greatness up to the new shoes! haha. They are one of new balance's lightest shoes and they are "highlighter" yellow!

Maybe this year at the Race for the Cure, I will win another gift card and can go get me a pair of super duper cool shoes too! I love my Asics, but if these guys can make you fly...then I need some! bwahahaha
On Sundays I run with a girl from work for our Race for the Cure training. We decided to bring the babies with us this week and are so glad we did. Running with the stollers made it so much more difficult, but well worth it. Even tho the run was hard, when I run with Liam, I have sense of peace/calm with me. He gives me comfort instead of competition. His smile pushes me even harder and I know that he is the reason I am where I am. Andrea brought her 6 month old daughter, Izzy and we truly enjoyed the quiet company of both the kids. I meant to get a picture, but I forgot. Must have been the lack of O2 to my brain! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment