My Neighbor just had twin boys 5 weeks before I had Liam. She too wants to get back into shape and try running the Race for the Cure, so she has been my number 1 training partner. At work, they have come up with a plan to have training groups to help get more people involved and I volunteered to be a "coach". I thought it would be an opportunity to help hold me more responsible for my training. Luckily for me, my group is just 3 girls (me included) and we run together 1 day a week, then motivate each other for the other 2 runs during the week. We are all running the same program together and it has worked out great so far.
I was very determined last year when I started running and was very dedicated. I never missed a run, I didn't have to repeat any of the weeks on my C25K program, but this year has proven to be a little more difficult. Time is an issue now. Don't get me wrong, I can make time and I could find time, but my priorities are different now. I dont want to run at 5:30 right after work because I want to come home and see Liam. I can and have ran with Liam and the jogging stroller, but lately it has been too hot to have him out there, so I have been running at 9:00 p.m. after Liam has gone to bed. This way, my absence isn't making life in general anymore difficult on anyone else. I have missed a few days here and there and have had to repeat a week or two. Then I started feeling pressure. Too much pressure to get this done. I'm not sure why, but I felt I HAD to get it done, so I took a step back and am now using the 6 week training program with work to progress myself at a slower pace. I am trying to take control of my life and do what is right for me and my life. Running a C25K in 9 weeks is do-able, but for me, at this point in my life, it was just too hard to keep up with. Now, I have stretched the training out to a total of about 12 weeks and am feeling so much better about it. I dont dread running, and I know that I can do it.
I have been trying Jonathan to get a pair of running shoes and he "says" he will start running, but we will see. We finally found him a pair, but we had to order them, so they should be in this week. He isn't excited about the idea and I told him he didn't have to get the long distance bug...just to run a few short runs would be good for him. I want him to do it more for his health than anything. I would be ok if he chose to ride a bike or play basketball 3 days a week, as long as he just did it. If he starts running then he can run with me...and he will have someone to exercise with and have support. So, I guess we will see where this all goes from here. I'll try to keep you updated on the running stats as I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment