Just a quick update...since i suck so bad at keeping you all updated on here!! haha. When I went to the dr for my 37 week check, I was dilated to almost a 2 and 50% effaced. I went for my 38 week check and still the same. NO CHANGE...that is sooo disappointing for any of you who havent ever experienced that! So, she stripped the membrane and said that if I had not had the baby by my 39 week check up then we would schedule an induction. Well...the following day, I had mild, not painful, contractions every 5 min from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. They tell you to do in to the hospital when this happens for even just an hour...so after 2.5 hours, I went....just to find out that I still had not dilated anymore and was sent home from lack of progression at that point. AGAIN....so frustrating!! So the following week, I went to my 39 week appt and STILL NO CHANGE!!! "are you f*ing kidding me?" was my response basically. I could not believe that with all the walking I had been doing (20 miles that week - including my walking distance at work), I still had nothing...NOTHING!!! But!....I was pleased to know that at least at that point we could schedule a date to induce...Im thinking...a day or two and we should have this baby....nope. Oh so wrong again! She wanted me to make my due date (still 4 days away at that point) and we would induce early that next week. She told me she would call Labor and Delivery and schedule something and let me know the time and date. I didn't receive a phone call for 2 days!! I was going nuts, so I called the dr myself, only to be more disappointed than I had the whole time. L&D didnt have any openings for early that next week and they scheduled me for Thursday evening...that was a whole other week away at that point. I literally broke down and cried (i mean, cant breath, cant talk blubbering cry) for at least an hour. They, the dr, assured me they were trying everything they could do to get me in sooner, but there were no guarantees. So, on Friday, I get the call. The most heavenly phone call I have received...maybe in my LIFE! The dr office was calling to tell me that they found a way to get me induced Monday night the 26th instead of Thursday the 29th!!!! I heard angels singing in the background, I swear!! hahaha
So here we are. Sunday, April 25th, 2010, 1 day overdue with this little stubborn baby boy (who is bound to be a red head...I have determined his attitude already proves this! haha) and I am going in tomorrow evening to start the induction process. :) I will go in at 6 p.m. and start on cervidil (sp?) and then sometime between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. Tuesday, depending on how that is working, I will start Pitocin. After that, HOPEFULLY, I will have this bundle of joy in my arms instead of my belly!!!! I will keep you all informed!! yay!
OH and the other good news is on my 39 week appt, he was actually measuring a little small vs big!! woo hoo. I may have a normal sized baby afterall!!
AND I will post again tomorrow with my latest and last pics of this 40 week journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment