The 4 of us in Germany May, 2008
OK moving on...Ill stop making you all jealous of my job now! haha Jonathan and I haven't seen Elise and Jeremiah since we visited them in Canada in March, so this has been an awesome week for that reason alone. Jonathan and Elise have grown up together their whole lives and even share the same birthday. They are our long distance siblings. We travel with them EVERYWHERE! We have been able to do so many "firsts" and "once in a life time" things together the last few years and it has created a special bond between us. We all know that Jonathan and Jeremiah cant sleep in the same room b/c Jer SNORES!! AND talks in his sleep! haha Elise and Jer are pretty much attached at the hip, whereas me and J are fairly solo individuals. E and Jer ALWAYS have breakfast and site see for at least an hour before J and I even wake up! haha Its an unspoken understanding that works for us...except...J and Jer truly cannot sleep in the same room. J gets soooo angry! I personally like making fun of Jer when he gives me his email address in his sleep! LOL ("J...dot....flickinger...at....")!!! Anyways, for them to be here and learn that they are going to be Auntie Pocahontas and Uncle General to the Duke and the Duchess's' baby Dukey has been fun and another first to add to our list. hahaha (inside joke).

Again...moving on. Designing our new house was a fun experience. I was 99% satisfied with my options and the outcome. We didn't want to make many upgrades so we could actually afford the house, but we were satisfied with what we walked away with. The small things I really wish I could change, I will...in time. My bathroom
sink faucet is driving me nuts! But even the upgrade wasn't something I wanted or liked. I already looked and found the one I want at Lowe's for $40!. haha The upgrade to something else I didn't like any better than the standard would have cost me $180!! I win!!! :) And just so all of you know now! Let me clarify! YES you do still have to take off your shoes!!!!! hahahaha NO we did not get white carpet again...its oyster! LOL This way baby puke wont be so obvious...but why allow unnecessary ware and stains on your carpet when it can all be prevented by just removing your shoes? I have created an obsession, so I apologize to all of you who HATE to take your shoes off at my house! :) In the end, we both got most of what we wanted. J got his 3 car garage with a red front door. I got 4 bedrooms, a big kitchen (not that I use it much), and a pretty amazing shower in my bathroom! Ill start taking pictures, but for now, the floor plans with a drawing of the house will have to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment