Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rough Weekend

So this weekend I had to attend a Continuing Education course on Pulmonary Rehab. The course was great, the teacher was EXCELLENT and I actually walked away feeling like I learned something. The only thing is...I had to be there from 8 - 5 on Saturday for the course, then 5-6:30 for a special meeting with all rehab clinicians from CTCA. Today was just an 8 - 3, which was much easier to deal with, but I am still exhausted. My facility was hosting the course to all the other CTCA sites (Phoenix Arizona, Zion Illinois and Philly) so we of course had to be there a little early and make sure everything was running smoothly. Overall the course went well. Im just going to be soo tired tomorrow b/c I didnt really have a weekend.

To be honest, the biggest issue I had to deal with all weekend was this NAUSEA!! ugh! I think I would rather be sick and actually vomit. To just feel nauseous all day everyday and nothing really make it any better is miserable. I try to keep something in my stomach all the time so if I do get sick then its productive! haha. I went shopping this evening for some groceries and in the middle of it, I had to find a pack of mini sprites (caffeine free of course) just so that I could open one right then and there. I wasnt sure I was going to make it out of the store without being sick. I get caught between that fine line of still wanting to fight the sickness down and wanting to just vomit everything so I will feel better. Sadly, Im afraid that if I gave in and allowed myself to get sick...I probably wouldnt end up feeling any better, so I just keep fighting it off. NOT vomiting is one of the main purposes in my life. I will do ANYTHING to keep from being sick, so to actually stagger into the other world of considering my options tells you just how desperate I am!

On a happier note. I go to the doctor on Wednesday, Sept. 2nd. ;) It is my first appointment, so I probably wont find out much more than I already know, but it's still exciting. I'll definitely keep posting and keep updating.

Oh yea, AND we leave for Las Vegas 1 week from Wednesday! Woot Woot! I havent ever been and though I am extremely bummed I can't ride the roller coasters on top of the stratosphere, I am still excited to see everything.
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment