Sunday, December 25, 2011

2011 Race Results!


1 year ago I mad a New Years Resolution to continue running/training for a full year without interruption. In that process  I set an original goal to run a 10K race and finish without walking. That soon turned into a 15K (Tulsa Run) and a 5K under 30 min. As we (my running partners and myself) started blowing our goals out of the water, we decided to go for it. Run a half marathon. We weren't sure if we would ever be in this good of shape again, so we might as well go for it and keep the momentum from our year of achievements. These are a list of our races and accomplishments :)

Our original goal race: OSU Scrub Run 10K
Goal time: 1:06:00 (66 min - in my mind approx 11 min mile pace)
Official time was 1:06:20


Finishing the 10K

home stretch!

Goal Race (speed): Full Moon Run 5K
Goal Time: Under 30 min
Official Time: 28:21



Goal Race (speed): Race for the Cure 5K
Goal Time: under 28 min
Official Time: 27:05


After 5K PR

My PR and J's first 5K!

Training Race that turned out to be more important than anticipated: "The Double" Route 66 Quarter Marathon + 5K
Goal Time: 2 Hours
Official Time: 1:42:06


Andrea and I after "the Double"


1st Goal Race: Tulsa Run 15K
Goal Time: 1:40:00
Official Time: 1:36:22
    *I dont have any personal pictures of this race. They were all "official" and i couldnt post them.

2nd Goal Race: Route 66 Half Marathon
Goal Time: 2:20:00
Official Time: 2:16:32

Me and Andrea after the Half Marathon

Mile 6 and feeling good

Jasmyn at mile 6
We also ran in a few other small 5K's around here to stay in Race mode, but we really enjoyed the training almost as much as the races. The energy is magical and gives you a feeling of accomplishment.


What I still cant get embedded in my brain is that we didn't just beat our goals, we KILLED our goals. 1 minute in the running world is a lot of time, to be goals by more than that is impressive. Not to mention that we trained by ourselves. Not with a group, not with someone elses training tools or guidelines (other than a few friends who had suggestions or something)...we did it on our own. 2 to 3 days a week is all it took and now we are hooked. :) We are taking some down time. Still working out, but not focusing on miles or speed. Just a workout, then after the new year, pick it back up for our 2nd Half Marathon. We cant wait!


Also want to say how proud I am of all the 26.2 milers out there!!!! That would be including a few special people in my life. Starting with my Sister!!! She is amazing and ROCKED the Full!


Jeremiah and Casey feeling good at mile 6

JD, Jeremiah, Casey and Shon at mile 13

feeling a little too good ahaha

Shon at mile 26!!!! Me and Kristen running her in.

Jeremiah and Casey at mile 26! Scott and Jonathan running them in.


  Such a great experience and we were all so proud and supportive of each other!! Way to go!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! You will look back and enjoy reading this progress. I'm so proud of you. It's about time you take " I can't" out of your vocabulary, and start making it happen!!!!

    P.s. My goals for 2012 have changed. I'll be looking to run and crush 5ks instead of distance. Still considering Mardi Gras 2013 though :-) Even if just the half. Hope you can join me in some of these goals too!!!!!! Sub 24 minute 5k is what I'm shooting for.

    ReplyDelete