Liam's first Easter was great!
We spent Saturday afternoon with my family at my sisters house. We had a nice lunch together, then we hid over 50 eggs for Riley, Cooper and Liam to hunt. Riley and Cooper colored a dozen eggs each and we brought plastic eggs filled with candy and the prize eggs with money. We marked off a small section for Liam to hunt and let the older boys go wild all over. I think I totally enjoy hiding the eggs more than hunting them! I color coded where I hid the eggs and it made it harder to find! hehe (example: used green eggs in grassy spots, orange eggs in red dirt spots, yellow eggs in John Deer tires that have the yellow rims. lol) Anyways, the boys had fun and found most of the eggs without help. Dad gave all the boys Easter bags with goodies in them and Mom brought sacks of candy and bubbles to hide as well.
Liam did a good job hunting for the first time! He took off running toward an egg and would pick it up...but he wanted to keep it. :) We finally got him to put an egg in the basket when he was already holding one in each hand and needed room to pick up the next one! haha He LOVES being outside and more than anything, he loves to explore what grass is and what is hidden in the grass...or picking up leaves or whatever is on the ground. I knew that Easter would go well since this has been his new found joy the last 2 weeks. The weather cooperated enough for us to do our hunt outside, but it was still a little chili, so you cant see Liams first outfit well. He is hidden under a jacket most of the time. BUT here are some cute pics anyways!!
 |
| eye on the prize |
 |
| got it! |
 |
| put it in the bucket! |
After the egg hunt, Jonathan played catch with Riley and Cooper. Liam sat out in the middle of the yard and just watched and laughed at them for about 15 min. It was so cute.
 |
| watching and learning |
 |
| closer up. such a smart boy! |
We had a hard time keeping up with him because he wanted to just run all over the place. We let him, for the most part, but we had to keep him in a certain area and that makes for great exercise on mine and J's part! haha
 |
| checkin out the trampoline |
 |
| running up and down the hill |
The next day, we went to church with J's dad in Holdenville. Its the same church that J grew up in and we wanted to spend Liam's first Easter there. He did really well in church. He was happy the whole time...a little too happy LOL. He wanted to talk the whole time, so we worked hard at keeping him at a quieter tone and happy with toys or yogurt treats. He never fussed or got upset the whole time. We are truly so blessed to have such a good baby!
After church we had lunch with Clyde, Liam's grandpa, then headed back to Tulsa. We hit some pretty serious storms on our way, but Liam was exhausted and slept through ALL of it. He woke up just as we pulled into the driveway.
 |
| Liam and Daddy |
 |
another attempt...darn cartoons
kept getting his attention |
 |
| Liam and Mama |
 |
| Good picture! |
 |
| Isint he so cute? |
Overall, I have to say, it was the best Easter in years for me. I can't imagine any part of my life without Liam in it now. I live to make sure his wants and needs are met or exceeded. Making him happy brings joy to me and J. Now we are fixing to embark on a whole new journey...Toddler-hood. Liams first birthday is this coming Wednesday. I was very anxious and sad about it last month, but just in the last few weeks, I can see that he has grown into the shoes he needs to fill. He is very much a 1 year old...not an infant anymore.
Saturday morning before we left for Ada, I ran my first 10K. It was the OSU scrub run. (No, you dont have to wear scrubs lol) Andrea and I have been training for this for several weeks and we were excited to finally see how we could do. My goal was to run the race in 66 min = less than 11:00 minute miles. This is a quicker pace for me. I have been running most distance runs at about 11:00 minute miles, but wanted to get a time PR (personal record) with my Distance PR. And......We did it! We ran in 1:06:20 averaging 10:38 miles. We ran the last mile much much faster than usual. We picked up a LOT of time on our last mile. Excitement to be on a new road, headed back toward the finish line and seeing our friends waiting at the quarter mile marker to run us in made it so much easier to stretch out our legs and finish strong. It was the hardest I have ran in a while to be honest. I am very proud of myself and Andrea for reaching our goals! Its more exciting to us because we did the training on our own (not with any of the many running groups around.) We found a program online and followed it while keeping each other informed of our progress. We only ran 1 run together the whole time and that was the week before the race and a few speed workouts on our lunch break at work. I had company through a lot of my training with friends here around me, but Andrea lives 20 minutes away and we decided it was easier to do it on our own. Any runner knows, you are 1 of 2 things. A solo runner, or a lover of company. I do NOT care for running solo. Its all mental for me, so this was a huge hurdle to jump and I think I surpassed it by miles! Andrea continued to train mostly on her own, but will never back down from a challenge. The sad part is, I think we could be stronger runners and further in our training if we lived closer. We run well together and push each other to new limits. I cant wait to see how we do over the summer in a few 5Ks then our 15K Tulsa Run in the fall. Just staying motivated will be the key!
 |
| running in to the finish |
 |
| so happy to see the end! |
 |
| Excited after the race! |
All in all, the race was awesome and we would like to do more. Unfortunately, there arent that many 10K races around. Guess we will have to pick up our pace and work on time PR's in the 5K's until our next set of training weeks are over!
No comments:
Post a Comment