Liam has been full blown walking for a month now. He gets better and stronger at it all the time, and has pretty much quit crawling...ever. With this comes a whole new world of trouble. FALLING! Im fairly positive he has already had a black eye, several goose eggs and a busted lip! Thank goodness he still doesnt have any teeth (yep...still has the sweetest gummy smile ever!). If he had teeth, he would have done some serious damage to his lip. At daycare, he was walking with some bells in his hands, tripped over the carpet and crashed down on the bells. They said he hardly cried at all, Miss Chelsea didnt even realize he was hurt until she saw blood. Luckily for me and Liam, I was picking him up a little early that day and I just happen to show up about 3 min after it happened. He has worse reactions when I tell him "no - no" at home. haha
We haven't had a lot going on over the last few weeks, so unfortunately this may be a boring blog to some of you. :) He has another ear infection...we are being referred to an ENT, so I will keep you updated.
Liam just turned 11 months old....which means in 1 month my lil baby wont be a lil baby anymore. :( His party is going to be April 30th. Be there or be square!
I, on the other hand, have been reaching the end of my 10K training. I hit 5 miles last week and this week. Its possible I could have hit a tiny bit more than 5, but we were on a trail of hills and I hate hills! I also dont have a lot of training experience on hills, so i suck at them as well. Anyways, I finished it and believe it or not, would like to run this trail again when I have more endurance. Andrea, a friend from work, has been training up to the 10K with me. We dont have a race in mind and we dont want to lose the progress we have made, so decided to go for 15K. One step at a time I suppose. No marathon bugs have bitten me, so after this, i may just start working on my pace rather than distance. Its good for my heart, lungs and swim suit, so why not! LOL
On top of all the running, I am also preparing for the 2011 Fight For Air Climb! Instead of racing a 5K or a marathon, you are challenged to climb vertically. It is 50 floors, straight up in the stairwell of the BOK tower here in Tulsa. Its this Saturday April 2. I know I can do it, but its going to be hard. My calves have paid the last few times I did any training for it...so I may not be able to walk well for a few days afterward! LOL The CLIMB is put on by the American Lung Association for Lung awareness. If any of you have ever known someone to suffer from Lung Disease, then you know it is a terrible thing to have to endure. I personally see and interact with people who are affected every day. This is my reason for climbing and hope that you all could support that. I am not big on asking for donations, but if you would like to sponsor me, you can make a donation from this website. Its greatly appreciated. Dont feel obligated to place a donation just because you know me. :) I understand we all have our own projects to support, but I will have a Thank You blog so anyone who is generous enough to donate, will be recognized with gratitude.
http://action.lungusa.org/site/TR/ClimbForCleanAir/ALAPG_PlainsGulfRegion?px=4447652&pg=personal&fr_id=2831
If you dont have the money for donations, We ask for prayers for the climbers and for all the people with Lung Disease that are our reason for the Fight For Air!
Shout out to my sister for running her first HALF!!! Woo Hoo!! I am so proud of her for doing it and finding time to make it happen! Congrats Shon! You are my hero! :) I think the marathon bug has latched on to her...and some peer pressure from other runners! lol...but there is NO WAY i will miss that race!
OK now for a few pics to catch you up on my cutie patootie!
| baby blues |
| priceless picture! |
| go go go go |
| too funny |
| da da, yat, cha bo, ma ma... |
| ever seen a cuter face? |
| its bedtime, but liam is still going strong digging in the toy box |
| Mom...good back rest |
| running... |
In this video, Liam says ah-oh a few times toward the end. It also shows him from about 2 weeks ago and how good he is getting around now. I dont know how to rotate it, so sorry for the disorientation haha.
Ok, thats pretty much it for now.

Wait...you very much too casually said "15k" Does this mean, TULSA RUN?!?!?! Yay!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI've learned that the peer pressuring in running is only a benefit! But there is a whole lot of it!
Can't wait to hear about the climb!
bahahaha...yes, if i can keep it up for that long. The Tulsa Run is a very long ways away and I dont have a good track record for keeping up with my training for that long LOL. I 'casually' mentioned it to see if you cought on! hahahaha We just talked about it last Friday and I looked up the training over the weekend. It starts next week and will last about 6 weeks.
ReplyDelete