Saturday, March 5, 2011

Over the last month...

Well, once again, I have fallen behind in the "blogging" world. Sorry! This will be 1 of many blogs tonight to catch up. haha

The last "catch up" blog was about yog and Jonathan leaving for Alaska for 10 days. I didnt finish my yoga challenge because of pure fatigue. I was mentally and physically exhausted when J left. My mom came up and stayed with me for what was supposed to be a few days and turned into a whole week! J went to Alaska where it was warm and we were snowed in from the blizzard! I wont put pictures up..you all experienced the blizzard, just know that it was a beautiful misery! :)
What you may not know, is that during Jonathans Alaska trip for Dish Network, he was offered a position at CTCA, where I work! This position is in IT, which is what his degree is in and we were both ecstatic! It was awkward, but he had to turn in his notice while he was on that trip. lol. After he came back from Alaska, he finished 2 more weeks at Dish, then we took a celebratory trip to Dallas to see Elise and Jeremiah! We want to see them as much as possible before they move to London this spring and we needed a weekend away from all the chaos in Tulsa with the changing of jobs and snow x2.
The last time we went to Dallas, we drove and Liam was much younger. This time we decided it was worth the extra money to fly, since Liam doesnt sleep for 4 hours at a time anymore and he can fly for free right now. He did AWESOME!
Lovin' the plane
Friday afternoon, we all went rock climbing at Exposure Rock Climbing Gym. I have never gone before, but have always wanted to. It was a blast and I may have a new hobby! Jonathan like it too, and was really good at it! I was a little taken back at the fear the flooded over my whole body when I was toward the top. It doesnt matter that you are connected to a sturdy rope, or that your best friend/spouse was on the other end of that rope controlling your actions, or even that you have a fluffly mat waiting below to catch you if all else should fail.....my body trembled uncontrollably and when it came to letting go of the wall ("sitting") to come down...I just could not find it in me to do it!!! No matter how tired or shaky I was, it took every ounce of my being to convince my fingers to let go! I am not scared of heights, but this is a whole new sense of adrenaline that I have never felt before. Love and Hate all at the same time! hahaha



Me, J and Liam getting started


Elise and Jeremiah


Jeremiah climbin

trying to figure it out

Elise did great!


Me climbing

getting there





Jonathan was awesome!























--------------------------------------------------
While we were there, we visited some other friends, Matt and Christy, who just had little Cameron on Dec 23, 2010. They hadn't seen Liam since he was born and we wanted to see their new little bundle, so we spent Friday night hanging out with them. It was so good to see them, but by the end of the night, we were all exhausted from the day! Saturday we hung around the house and did a little shopping, but was fairly uneventful, but still enjoyable. We did, however, book our trip to Mexico that weekend! We are trying to get a lot of friends to go, but for sure, Elise and Jeremiah will be meeting us there to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Their 5 year anniversary is only a month before us, so it will be a great way to enjoy going back to where J and I went on our honeymoon!

Sunday was our trip home, fairly early, so we could prepare for J's first day at CTCA and for another partial week without him. He had to go to our Arizona facility Wednesday - Saturday, but now will be home and working the same days and hours as me. :) Well worth the few days without him!

Here are a few pictures of Liam, being the cute little boy that he is while we were in TX!





crawling toward the camera - WAY past bedtime

bedtime? :(

so good while we all climbed

Tell me you didnt smile when you saw this!!? :)







No comments:

Post a Comment