Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011...wow

I truly cannot believe it is 2011. I still remember (insert music here) 1999!!! I remember thinking we would probably have airplane cars by 2010...I still think that by 2020 we will be 'beaming' ourselves places instead of driving or flying! hahaha So obviously my childhood of watching the Jetsons has altered my reality a little, but either way...2011 is here and it time we live with it! Jonathan and I celebrated with friends at Dean and Krista's house. We played games and had food and drinks and really just laughed the night away. It was very low key, but it was fun. :)
Liam stayed with Jim and Connie (J's older brother and sister-in-law) so we could have the evening to ourselves! THANK YOU!! We are so blessed to have so many friends and family in our lives the are willing to help us when we need it. We dont have everyone at our fingertips, but whether its a 20 min drive or a 3 hour drive, they are all willing to give us a hand. We appreciate it more than any of you will ever know. Anyways...while at uncle Jim and Auntie Connies house...Liam was fed great food considering EVERYTHING I made for him to take there and EVERYTHING I bought for him to take there...got left in my car!!!  (Im a bit of a freak about Liams diet...they abide by the rules very well haha). He played and slept fairly well the whole time he was there. :)
Elise and Jeremiah came in to see us through the holiday. We got to have our Christmas with them and they got to play with L. Their move to London has been pushed back to March-ish now, so we are a little excited to have another month or two to visit with them!!
(I have pictures, but they arent great...I might post them at a later date..its too late tonight!)

Now, onto New Years Resolutions. This is something I used to suck at...I used to make them without true intent to do it. Last year I didnt make one bc I didnt know what to make it for. I didnt know what to expect. I just wanted to survive building and moving into a new house 2 months before HAVE A BABY!! Those 3 things alone were enough to put me into a panic attack, so I didnt need a "Resolution" weighing down on my head. I did tentatively say that I wanted to get back into running, lose my baby weight and...I think there was something else...haha. Either way, this year I am making them and I have every intention to keep them! Most resolutions are physical, so they can be seen or monitored for progress. Not all of mine are. One of the reasons I am so determined to set resolutions and keep them, is so I can have total control of something. I have discovered over time that maybe I am a bit of a control freak. I want to take a hold of things/situations and drive them in the "right" direction...having a baby has put that aspect of my life in a tizzy! I was always on top of bills, budget, planning/organizing things, scrapbooking/crafting, running...NOW...my bills are paid on time...but there is a serious lack of planning or organizing, budget is out of the picture, I can barely squeeze in any running time and scrapbooking is a thing of the past. I am coming to terms with the fact that I am almost 4 years behind on my own scrapbook that I have worked on since 2000. :( I am bummed about it. So, this is me taking a step toward getting better control of myself and my life. I understand that fine print comes with parenthood...the fine print is: Your baby and your family will always come first.
So, Here they are:
* Continue Running for the entire year. I do not have plans to run a marathon or anything, but I do want to keep up with my running consistently and slowly progress to a 10K (6 miles). I dont feel that at this point in my life, I have the time or desire to spend more than an hour out of ANY day running. Not to mention working 40 hrs a week and being a mom are 2 full time jobs...Running distance becomes a 3rd job and I am not willing to take that on.
* Learn to play either the Piano or Guitar. Obviously I wouldnt be able to "free play" in that short of time, but to be able to play a song that I read from a book would be nice. :)
* I want to depend on electronics less...OK lets be specific, my phone shall be surgically removed from me! haha My phone crashed this last weekend and while I sat in the car with Liam waiting on J to get it fixed at the store...I tried to check my phone for texts messages, emails, fb and play games about 15 times in 30 min!!!! My phone wasnt even in my car...but I was lost..I didnt know what to do. Liam was asleep so I just sat there........thats when I decided it was ridiculous for me to have a dependency on my phone like that. I will ALWAYS have my phone on me if I can help it. I will never NOT be able to call Liam or an emergency service if I need to, but I do want to vow to have at least 1 day (we will start realistically) a week where I dont do anything with my phone other than phone calls. If someone texts me, I will respond, but I will not initiate any text conversations, emails OR fb. No games on the phone or anything for that entire day. :) This is going to suck!!! haha
* Enjoy my family and not take them for granted. This sounds "cliche" and ppl say it all the time, but again, I am serious. I have already started. I am giving myself attitude checks and changing my way of thinking. I was stressing over Liam not sleeping through the night anymore, but now I am appreciating the extra 30 min I get to hold him and love him. I am a full time working mom, so I miss out on a LOT of my cuddle time. When he wakes up, I get a little piece of that time back. Now I may go through depression when I dont get cuddles anymore. :) I am also trying to have this attitude about J. He and I are great and always have been, but the stress of a baby and the new expenses that come with the baby make us face issues we have never had to deal with before. I want to make sure that my stress or lack of sleep, or bad mood arent misplaced onto him.
and lastly
* Learn to appreciate what I have instead of envy what I dont. I say Learn, bc this will def be a gradual process for me. I think it is natural and healthy to be competitive in a sense,To want things, wish for things or strive to have something you've never had before, BUT learning to appreciate what you have and be happy with it is another thing. I hope to continue to work hard for the things I want, but realize at the same time, that I have everything I need. I am happy with life and where I am, but I want to stop "wanting" so badly and just be. With Liam in our lives, I truly think this will be possible. He truly completes us. He is the reason for our being and brings so much joy to our lives.

Whelp, thats all for now. I have a whole other blog stashed away in my head, but its 10:15 p.m., so I NEED to go to sleep!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I like your resolutions!Way go on changing your way of thinking- Very inspiring. It's so true that we have to be thankful, and recognize what we do have, and not wish for what we don't have. THis will create true joy! enJOYing the things we already have. Happy New Years! Here's to a great 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love your resoulutions. It's hard to make real resoulutions that you truely plan on achieving. Sounds like you have been true to yourself and family when choosing your plan for 2011. You are an awesome mother!!! I also wish we lived closer together. My guys could really show Liam a few new tricks (that you may not want him to know);)

    ReplyDelete