Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is coming...


Christmas is in full force around here! We are so excited to have our first Christmas with Liam and in the new house. We are looking forward to having J's family here for Christmas eve in PJ's, Christmas morning with just me, J and Liam, then Christmas afternoon my family will come up for more fun! We have bought almost everything we need. The 1 present we have left is for J's dad. He is being stubborn and refuses to tell us what he wants!! haha He says to spend the money on Liam...only problem is...Liam gets whatever he wants (would want if he could talk) or needs regardless, so his Grandpa needs to give us ideas!! I dont know if J bought my gift or not, but I asked for a charm bracelet. We dont really keep surprises well around here..I say this is what I want, and he buys it. LOL So I am assuming that is what I will get. I have wanted a charm bracelet since before I was pregnant, but it was never a priority bc I wasnt sure what kind of charms I would put on it...now  I could smother the bracelet with charms, so I moved it to the top of my list this year. I want a charm for Liam of course, something symbolizing our marriage, running, traveling...I have lots of ideas now! :) Anyway, we got Liam a really fun developmental toy of course. We only bought him 1 thing this year and it will be from Santa since he will be getting so much from the rest of our family and friends.
Use the seat to help him understand how to move around the table to play.
Remove the chair when he can stand/walk around the table
We really wanted to get him the fun big gift this year. We canNOT wait to see what all everyone else has gotten him. Liam's Christmas is like my Christmas too...its just as exciting to open his gifts and see what he got! haha

Tonight was the first night I started reading " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to Liam and he LOVED it. He just sat there intrigued with the book (a special one with moving pictures) and would just stare at me while I told the story, then would look back at the book. After I read it the first time, he just sat there, as if I were supposed to continue, so I read it again. :) We are going to read it every night this week!!

Last night was a Christmas party at our friends, Dean and Krista's, house. We ate, drank and played dirty santa. It was so much fun. There were a few fights over some gifts and of course the not so serious gifts make it much more entertaining! haha J and I ended up with some glass coasters that you can personalize with a picture. We were lucky and actually came away with a good gift! hahaha I cant say the same for everyone!
Me and J at the Christmas party


One of the gifts LOL
 OK. I think that is all for now! :) I doubt I will post again before the holiday, so Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Melissa, I hope that Liam get's everything you were wishing for. LOL Love you guys and give the little guy lovins for me!!

    ReplyDelete