Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Baby's First....

Well, for lack of a better word, I am being Lazy this blog and only typing. I have pictures but I am tired and dont feel like staying up to find them all and load them! :/ BUT the last 2 weeks have been full of fun adventurous firsts for Liam. First was last week, Liam went to the fair! Yay! Of course he didnt really care or understand just how AWESOME it was, but he looked around and talked our ears off then took a nap or 2. We are truly so blessed to have such a well behaved/tempered baby. He just goes with the flow most of the time. Next year will be even better bc he can enjoy some of the perks of the fair, such as the petting zoo, the food, face paintings, balloons, games and winning prizes!

We also found out that our little guy can now escape (intentionally) his nap nanny, even when he is buckled in! I had Liam buckled in to his nap nanny watching some baby TV while I met Courtney, our neighbor, on the porch for a second. I left the front door open while I was out there so that I could hear Lil' Man if he fussed or needed something...but as usual, he seemed very content. As I walked into the house, I went straight to check on Liam to make sure he was still okay and that is when my heart stopped. All I could see was Liam's feet in the air and all I could think was "my baby just broke his neck!" So I RUN to check on him and see what happened and he is literally lying on his head/shoulders with 1 leg straight up in the air and the other still strapped in the nap nanny chair....giggling!!!!!! He was smiling and laughing at himself! Ah what a relief.
A few days later, Liam's Grammy was here in the living room lying on the floor next to him while he was in his nap nanny chair. Normally he falls back asleep in the morning in this chair (made for babies to sleep in) so she sort of dozed off....J was still here getting ready for work, when he walked in the living room to find Liam working his way out of the chair again! He watched him do it and then woke Gail (Grammy) up to see what happened! LOL she, like me, almost had a heart attack when she woke up and saw feet in the air!! Needless to say, we now have to keep a much closer eye on him while he is in any of his chairs/stationary toys. haha

Next came Daycare! Liam is now going to daycare 3 days a week. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays 8-5:30. Jonathan takes him on his way to work and I pick him up on my way home from work. We are happy he can go and it is a great place for him to go, but at the same time, we are sad that the time has come for someone else other than us and grands to keep him. Even though I never see him during those hours on any given day, except Friday (on occasion), I was so heartbroken and sad this Monday when he went for the first time. I just kept feeling sad for him, that he might be wondering why he was with strangers instead of home with us or Grammy or Krista. It still breaks my heart to think that he might wonder throughout the day where we are and why he is there...but his teacher says he is doing great! He is eating and sleeping well while he is there, so his routine isnt being interrupted very much. I am sad he is going to daycare, but I am happy as well. I want him to know and be comfortable around other babies/kids, but of course, I always want him to be home with me or with a familiar loving face.

And last, but not least...cereal. We started cereal a few weeks back, but I didnt really feel like Liam was ready for it. He didnt know how to take the food off of the spoon very well and still had a lot of tongue thrust pushing the food back out of his mouth. Instead, we started putting the cereal in a small bottle each night after he nursed. If he ate it all, great, if not, no big deal. Yesterday we attempted it again, and success! He was eating it really well and it was a lot less messy than before! Our plan is to stick with cereal for another week or so, then I will try Avocado for a week, then pumpkin! I am going to make Liam's baby food in the beginning. Its too easy to NOT do it. :) I will stick with mostly veggies in the beginning and use banana's and sweet potatoes as a specialty. I want to postpone the acidic fruit and juices as long as I can, so we will see how it goes! I am still nursing/pumping as of now, but am starting to cut back slowly. At 6 months I will start cutting back even more. I have struggled with this internally for a while and decided I needed some of me back. My favorite time to feed Liam is in the morning and its our most productive meal of the day. I am the fullest and he eats the best then, so I will stick with this particular feeding as LONG as I can hold out. As for daytime feeds, those will be cut first. Since he only nurses on me during the day 2 out of 7 days, then it will be the easiest to cut. Well, without going into more detail, thats my plan in a nutshell.

Sorry for not posting any pics. Ill try to make up for it later, but we have been busy and time is short!

As for me, I took a week off from running. I need the mental and physical break from it all. I have to work very hard at finding time and energy for runs, so to take a week off was sooo rejuvenating. I ran 2 miles yesterday as my first run back and did well. I felt great, had good time, and jammed out to some tunes. I normally dont like to run by myself, but yesterday was different. I wasnt stressed over the time or "job" of getting the run in. Leisure running is my goal for this week..and maybe next, then I might start training for a 10K. I havent completely decided for sure. There are a few 5K's coming up in the holiday season that I want to run, so I might not shoot for much more over 4 or 5 miles right now. Its just too hard to find an hour or more to spend running and away from being a mom....maybe I'll save that for next spring/summer when Liam is a little older. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment