Monday, August 30, 2010

Hard to say Goodbye :(

2 years ago, I took a leap of faith and quit my old job and all that I knew in the city of Tulsa and moved to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. It has turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. Not only do I thoroughly LOVE my job and what I do, I have made some really good friends. One of which, has become one of my closest friends here in Tulsa. Ashley. :) We became close when she did her student clinical rotation at CTCA, then we continued to hang out and grow closer through running. She had ran the Tulsa Run in November 2008, when she very first started her rotation at CTCA, but after her rotation was done, I decided to start my C25K that following January. She was so supportive and would run with me, even though she was far more advanced. If it werent for her last year, I dont know if I would have completed my C25K or continued to run for that matter. I ran/trained with her up until I had to stop in October (pregnancy). She ran the Race for the Cure with me last year (she could have finished much faster, but stuck by my side).



 We basically planned her wedding and so many other things during the time we spent running. LOL When I couldnt run anymore and Ashley had another job, we would meet about once a month or so for dinner to stay in touch and catch up on life. She helped to plan on of my baby showers and...she was able to come see Liam when he was 1 and 2 days old!


 She has truly become one of my best friends and now.....she is moving. She is staring a new chapter in her life. She just got married and is relocating to the Oahu Island of Hawaii.


Ashley's new home...Im not jealous at all.... haha
I am sooo excited for her, but sad for me. I am just now getting into running again and I wont have my first real partner. :( I can't wait to hear about all the new and exciting adventures she is about to embark upon, but I am selfish and will miss her soooo much. She came over tonight to see Liam and me before she leaves on Saturday. We are looking forward to April when she comes home for the first time...Im hoping its toward the end of April, so maybe she can come to Liams 1st birthday. You know, thinking about her being gone til April doesnt really strike any chord until I put it in perspective like that. Liam is only 4 months old right now and she wont be back until he is 1!! :(

I have encouraged her to take up blogging so we can all keep in close contact and see what is going on in each others lives. I have no doubt that we will still talk/text/email as often as possible, but it will be so nice to see pictures of her new home. I have embraced the term "new normal" and hope she will too. Her world will change and things will not always be easy, but I have faith in her and Adam and am soooo excited for their new life together.

Good Luck Ashley and Adam. We will miss you, but look forward to your return in the spring and HOPEFULLY our visit to you in Hawaii in the future!!
Love and Miss you already.......and you aren't even gone yet! :(

ALOHA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment