That week, we went to the Dr and everything is still going good. Liam, of course, is still measuring a little big, but that is nothing new. My Dr did say that she doesnt suspect I'll actually make it to April 24th, and if I do, that would be the latest. SO I guess we will see. J and I are starting our own personal bets on what days we think Liam will make his appearance. J is totally rooting for April 13th, I personally like the idea of April 24th, but since our bets were for him coming early, I chose April 18th. No one wins if we have to induce. I am not oppose to inducing if they think he is going to be too big for me, but I don't like the idea of choosing Liam's birthday. I want that to be his decision (along with a little help from above of course), but I don't want to know what day I'll be having him.
In preparation for our little arrival, this week, J and I have been attending some classes. I am not into the Lamaze (sp check?) stuff, but I did want both of us to know a few things to expect other than what you read. We took a Safe Start class that taught us all the updated information on safety with car seats, baths and sleeping. This class also taught you infant CPR and choking! I am certified in it simply because of my line of work, but J had never had CPR before, so we felt it was very important for him to know and me to have a refresher in before the baby arrives. We also took a Childbirth Education class. This was SOOOO informative. We learned all the stages of labor, what to expect (in a typical birth) and the anatomy of what was happening with mommy and baby. They teach the "coaches" what to do to help in each stage of labor and what to expect mommy's needs to be in each stage. We learned a few simple breathing/relaxation techniques to get through the contractions one at a time and a few massage techniques to relieve the pain and anxiety as needed. Jonathan is by far the best man for the job. He truly took it in and wanted to learn how to help me. He doesn't like to feel helpless and this was a great way to include him in the labor. We are bonding and getting much closer just by going to these classes because he takes them seriously and after the class we discuss what we want and how we want to handle different situations. He has had to talk to me about being flexible, unfortunately in labor, things don't always go as planned and he knows I don't generally take that very well. haha So we are trying to transition my train of thought now. He knows how to coach me through a "change in plan" and how to support me as needed. I almost can't wait to have the baby just so I can see how well our teamwork is! Another fine example of J wanting to know and help is the "empathy belly!" He wore the empathy belly for an hour in class while we had to sit on the floor and learn relaxation techniques. He thought it was a great opportunity and experience.
Just putting on the belly. He had to place extra cushion (in his hand) under the belly, right on top of his bladder. This way when he sat down, there would be pressure similar to what moms feel.
You can't just walk around with a belly and boobs hanging out, you have to have the maternity shirt to go with it!
Standing like a true pregnant woman! LOL. After each guy that volunteered to wear the belly and got dressed, they had to do an obstacle course. Sit in a chair and take off a sock and shoe...then put it back on. Next, they had to lie down on the floor on their side with a pillow between their legs, roll over to the other side, then get up from the floor. After all that work, they had to walk around the room and pick up various items off of the floor and take them back to the table. This was by far the funniest part. J did luck out and didn't have to do the obstacle course, because he was going to be wearing the belly during "techniques" on the floor and already had the hardest part. haha All the guys admitted it was heavy and harder than expected.This weekend was my 34 week marker! We are 6 weeks away from meeting little Liam now.
Our nursery is pretty much set up and ready to go...we need a few more things, but have enough of the essentials, so if he comes earlier than expected, we are covered. The pack and play is put together in our room (for when he first comes home). The crib with the bedding is all put together and our changing table and dresser are put up. We finally got our swing/bouncer in the mail the other day and its AWESOME, so we truly have enough to get us started! We still have another family baby shower in 2 weeks and I will have a shower at work that following week. Im pretty sure that we will have MORE than what we expect or need and I can't wait!!
The Crib (for some reason the picture turned a funny color)
Up close so you can kinda see the bedding.
and the dresser. :) Its all espresso colored furniture and the bedding follows our theme of shapes with the colors in Brown, Sage green and Blue.OK I think that is all the updates I have for now! haha I will eventually get around to taking pictures of the house so everyone can see the finished product. I have just been so busy with unpacking and baby stuff since we moved, I haven't really had the chance!


No comments:
Post a Comment