Next would have to be the update on the house. You all might be tired of hearing about it, but we are so excited it is almost done that we can barely stay away! We find it hard to wait a full week between trips to see it now since they are doing so much every day! They do keep it locked now so J has to go during the working hours to get in, or he has to crawl through a window we accidentally found open once! :)- As of this last weekend we have all cabinets put in the kitchen and all the bathrooms. The walls are all painted and we have trim, the shelves are in all the closets and all the doors are in their frames. I do have more pictures, but for some reason they wont load so this is the best one I have so far.
We have a closing date set for Feb 8th, but are hoping to move it up to the 5th (so we can move over the weekend). We are now getting all the financial paperwork started so we can wrap it up in time and all seems to be moving along just great! We received good news today about our interest rate and our monthly house payment being lower than we were previously told and expected!! It pretty much made my day! haha
Next would be a new hobby. As if I need more hobbies, I know, but Kristen wanted to and I just cant say no. I do have to admit, this may be one she takes on full force and I just help now and again. haha The hobby is....Cake Decorating. Its the new thing out there that alot of people are getting into and I can totally see how it can be addicting. I had a blast doing it, but I get a little too frustrated with things not being perfect on the first try, so maybe Ill help Kristen get lots of practice and when she masters it, she can teach me, then I'll love it! :) So we mixed some cake batter and made 4 mini (4 inch) round cakes. The very first ones we wanted to be small so we could get a good grasp for it. We cut the first cake in half and we each just grabbed some fondant and tried it out. We didnt do any practice or anything before so these were true testers. They didnt turn out too bad, I have to admit. I think the cake cutter (me) did the worst job! The cakes were a little uneven, but again these were just trial size so we didnt bother correcting them! LOL The fondant portion of these cakes turned out pretty good.

We also played with coloring the fondant as well, so one cake is just white and the other is a purple marble color. It was actually a very pretty fondant and I cant believe we made it that pretty on the first try! Next we each decided to do a whole 4 inch cake without cutting it. We decide to try more colors so we chose yellow, then with the left over fondant we added red to make it orange. We didnt really have any intentions for this cake until after we decided the two colors looked like the sun so off we went with our imaginations! On top of trying the colors, you cant make a cake without making more than one layer! So we stacked the cakes and decided they needed some more decor! We put polka dots on one and put little sun rays sticking off the other so its a 2 layered sun cake. LOL completely random, we know, but it did turn out cute and we were proud of our first creations with fondant!

Again, with the hobbies, I know. How many can one girl have you say? Well , scrapbookers in general tend to be a little more DIY (do it yourself) and this goes for all sorts of stuff. SO....for the baby's room, I have decided to make a calendar for his first year. It will start in May 2010 (assuming I actually have him in April...Please dear Lord let this be the case) and go through April 2011 which will mark his FIRST birthday. I think it will be neat to have this hanging in his room and I can mark milestones on it and just always have something fun to look at and learn with. The calendar consists of 6 pieces of chip board ( I think thats what it is called) and you decorate both sides and connect them with ribbon. So when it hangs on the wall it show the first 6 months, then you flip the whole thing over and it will have the next 6 months. I only have the first 6 months slightly decorated. I have cut out the paper and chosen the pattern anyway. This is what it looks like so far. (The picture has them zig zag, but it will be in a straight line when I attach the ribbon)

Its decorated in all different shades of green, blue and brown, which are the colors of the nursery. I have printed off the months of the year, but wont attach them until the end in case I change my mind on the order or something (this is very likely by the time I complete it). I also am not giving the baby's room a theme other than specific colors and shapes. I feel that shapes are a more essential part of learning at a young age than a theme like cartoons that the baby wont even understand for a few years. This way his room can be a learning tool for a while. So I tried to incorporate that into the calendar a little. The shapes I have chosen to decorate with mostly will be squares/rectangles, diamond shapes and circles. So the calendar is made of square/rectangular pieces and a lot of the papers I chose have the argile pattern or circles on them. :)
Jonathan and I made our first real purchase for the baby this week. Way to cute! J has always said (since I have known him) that his baby's first pair of shoes would be baby jordans. Jonathan has grown up loving and supporting Michael Jordan, even wearing his (ugly in my opinion) shoes! haha I have never been fond of any of the "jordans" out there on the market, but of course J loves them and wants Liam to have a pair of his own. While we were looking online for some we ran across some Jordan booties instead. They were way way too cute, even J was willing to sacrifice getting him the real shoes for these booties. We both agreed he would actually wear these more and they would be much easier to deal with for a little guy. So here they are, the cutest baby booties EVER! (Im pretty sure this will be part of his going home outfit! haha)

OK, well that is all for now, but next week should be very interesting! I will be 26 weeks pregnant so Ill take another picture (I swear i have double my size these past 2 weeks!) AND we will have new pictures of the baby to post for everyone to see! I cant wait to see what he looks like in 3D and introduce him to all of you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment