I decided a long time ago that I wanted to have kids in my future. I have always thought pregnant women look so gorgeous and should be so happy that they are fixing to have a new little baby, but a lot of pregnant women are grumpy and angry throughout their 9 month journey. I am trying to make a conscious decision to stay happy and positive as often as possible. There are a lot of unpleasant sides to pregnancy and a lot of which NO ONE will tell you about until you are going through it. I have been fortunate enough to have friends and family who are willing to tell it all... the dirty, stinky and embarrassing stuff. Even with a little extra knowledge, I don't feel like I have an advantage, because ultimately it is completely different for every person. So with my choosing to stay happy as long as possible and not to be grumpy or bothered with some of the little things, I am going to make a small list of things I am currently hating! If I complain here, then maybe I'll hold back verbally to everyone else!
*Nausea...REALLY? I cant decide if its worse to actually vomit or just think your going to all day!
*Nausea...did I mention this already? lol
*Fatigue, this isn't terrible, but it does get to me once in a while
*Body changes. Even though I'm not anywhere close to showing, my body is already starting to change. I cant run/workout as aggressively as before and I have to keep a little food in my stomach all the time to ease the yucky feeling...I feel like I have gained 10 lb's when in reality I havent't gained any weight, yet. This might be the biggest challenge for me throughout the 40 weeks. I have spent the majority of my life trying to maintain my weight. I have only significantly gained and significantly lost weight once in my life and they BOTH took place my freshmen year of college! LMAO! Amazingly enough, I am not really sure how the weight loss happened, but am positive alcohol and pizza had a played a huge role in my gaining it! Since then, I started working out regularly and have evened out. My body has found a fairly happy medium...until now. My body will be forever changing for the next year or more and its going to take a lot for me to mentally prepare/deal with those changes. I'm sure I am not alone in this, but maybe this is one of those things people don't openly talk about with pregnancy.
*I hope I didn't forget to say Nausea....thanks to this, I no longer desire to eat mexican food! (that could be a good thing for the previous complaint of "body changes") LOL
OK thats all I have for now. Next week we are going to Las Vegas and I am super excited since I haven't ever gone before. Should have some good blogs for you! Oh and a new belly pic. Next week will make 8 weeks, so Ill post a 2 month pic!! Bless you all for the moment when I don't fit into my first pair of jeans or heaven forbid, undies! You may need to bleep out all the bad words that flow through my finger tips when I type that blog!!! hahaha
haha! i think its amazing to make a conscience effort to stay possitive! like you said mentally you cannot be mentally prepared for all the changes that your going to encounter for well pretty much the next few years- choosing to be happy is the best thing you can do! its all worth it at the end. really!
ReplyDelete